Thursday, October 31, 2019

First PR


It was kinda hard for me to find a good first issue to work with, most of the time when I found an issue, I would face some kind of problems with installing or running the code on my laptop.

But I able to find one java game application called SpeedTyping. This application was small and I was able to run the application on Eclipse. I contacted the owner and I started off with the easiest issue. which was to add more background images to the levels in the game.

I went ahead and searched for imaged which were free to use, had to make sure they don't have any restriction for reuse. Once I was done adding the images, compiled the code, it had no issues. Once I was happy with the result, I requested a PR and the owner responded immediately and merged my files.

This was a nice experience as it was my first contribution to another GitHub repo.

No comments:

Post a Comment